Greg and Loretto Good established the Truffiére in 2002 on their property 2km North of Millthorpe, Central West NSW.
Eight hundred oak trees inoculated with the winter black truffle (Tuber melanosporum) were purchased from Truffles Australis Pty Ltd Tasmania. The trees were strategically planted over two hectares of fertile soil with good irrigation and 150 tonne of local lime was added to the mix to increase pH to around 8.
Truffle trees are reported to yield after six to eight years of weeding and nurturing but incredibly Millthorpe Truffles harvested their first small crop in 2005. Since then the Cold Climate months between June and August prove to be an ever increasing activity of harvesting, dog training, Truffle Tours and all Things Truffle!
Ponder for a moment, your own gated, private escape. Whisk yourselves up a timeless lane and find each other in a secluded Shack amongst a forest of oak trees.
At the Truffiere, we aren’t exclusively for lovers of fine food, but lovers of fine times.
The Shack accommodates 2 adults and is superbly appointed with:
- King Bed
- Open Wood Fire plus Reverse Cycle A/C
- Large Bathroom
- Complimentary Toiletries & Hair Dryer
- Kitchenette for basic meal preparation
- Flat Screen TV / DVD
- Fully Equipped Separate Laundry with Disabled Toilet
- Gated Entry
- Secluded Lane
* Complimentary Truffle hunting and harvesting with dog (not pigs!!) during truffle season
- Check-in from 3pm
- Check-out 11am
- Non Smoking, No Pets Please
- Accommodation 2 people
- $225.00 per night
- Minimum 2 night stay
- To confirm a booking a security deposit of 50% is needed, balance on arrival.
- This deposit will be forfeited if cancellation is made within 14 days of the booking.
- We accept payment by EFT
For reservations please contact
- Loretto Good
- M 0409 195 119
- E email@example.com
- “Shearwood” Bowd Road
Millthorpe NSW 2798 Australia
Find us on Facebook